Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73

Thread: How Long, How Old

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cbojanower's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2004
    Posts
    128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Looking at this board I am wondering how long some of you have been listening to Social Distortion and how old you are (No I am not being bashing or negative)

    Guess hearing all the stories about how long they have been around is getting me feeling old (almost 40)

    Anyway I first heard Social D at a house party in Orange County in 82, had no idea who they were. Bought the 7 inch 1945 recording from Peer Records in Irvine in Dec 1982 (it and Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables was my first Punk music purchase)Met Mike briefly about that time at Carl's Jr in Anaheim about that time

    Later moved to Utah worked security at a few concerts fot them, talked about Harleys with Dennis after a gig but before Mike or him bought one.

    Seems like along time ago

    Oh well

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sean13ducks's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i too feel old @ times reading this board...
    i'm 37 went to brea olinda high/ brea canyon
    seen social d adolescents agent orange tsol all over the north county among others...
    got move to utah in 95 been here ever since...
    cbojanower, Where are you at in utah?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Python423's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2003
    Posts
    358
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm 32 now, and first heard Social Distortion on CD around 1991 , fresh out of high school. I also saw them live in Knoxville, TN in September of 1992. They are my favorite band.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member two drink minimum's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,655
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    17, our friend Telling Them introduced me to Social D with Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member JGoaten's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    285
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll be 36 in a months time.

    First got into Social D. in the mid 80's when someone I wrote to in Boston sent me a comp. tape with the early singles on it.

    Had to wait until 1992 to see them play though, when they came to the UK for the first time.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member esvenneby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just turned 32, started listening to them in the mid eighties, and I get to see them live quite often.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Jennifuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2004
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    im 19. my dad raised me on SD, megadeth, agent orange, metallica, NY dolls, sabbath, the ramones, and the rolling stones (plus alot more killer bands), so Ive been listening to SD for as long as i can remember.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member bombsaway's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2004
    Posts
    223
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    im 22 and remember listening to onigo boingo on 106.7 kroq, when i was in 2nd grade. i dont know when the hell that was. and then i heard of of social distortion ans the song ball n chain. it was the first song i heard from them like almost 15 years ago. wow. that might not be along time ago for you old schoolers but for some one my age it is. i have been a hard core fan since then.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 420greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2004
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just turned 40.

    Fairmont Hall in downtown San Diego.
    April 14th, 1981

    <ul>The Bill:[*]Social Distortion
    [*]The Abandoned (This was Tony from The Adolescents new band)
    [*]The Neutrons (These guys became The Battalion of Saints)
    [*]No Age Limit (Had a super young bass player who was later in BOS)[/list]

    I will be seeing them twice next wekk.

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ September 28, 2004 08:21 PM: Message edited by: 420greg ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Gern Blanstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll be 40 in April and have seen them over 50 times. The first time was sometime in 82 at the Cuckoos Nest. One of the best shows was around 92 or 93 on New Years Eve when they played two shows the same night at the Coach House. I also remember a show around 88 where they played to about 100 people at the Back Door on San Diego State's campus that was pretty cool. Another show that stands out was a free show that they played at the quad at UCSD when I snuck a camera in and got some killer shots. It was really hot that day and Mike was wearing some shorts that went down about halfway between his knees and his ankles and he had on some of those Rolling Stones high tops that were being sold during their Steel Wheels tour, probably 89 or so. Probably the worst show that I saw was the second of two shows I saw with them at the San Diego Sports Arena when they opened up for Neil Young but I hate arena shows regardless of who is playing. All in all, SD is still the greatest live show there is.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •